-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gil Kirkpatrick
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 1:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Stress testing and performance analysis of
domain controllers

LSASS.EXE is built with the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE switch, and is capable of
using the additional memory to cache the DIT.

<excerpt from dumpbin /all of lsass.exe
FILE HEADER VALUES
             14C machine (x86)
               3 number of sections
        3E7FFFBA time date stamp Tue Mar 25 00:05:30 2003
               0 file pointer to symbol table
               0 number of symbols
              E0 size of optional header
             12F characteristics
                   Relocations stripped
                   Executable
                   Line numbers stripped
                   Symbols stripped
--->               Application can handle large (>2GB) addresses
                   32 bit word machine

-gil