From: Kern, Tom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 8:16 PM
To: ActiveDir (E-mail)
Subject: [ActiveDir] exchange 2k permissions OT

Anyone know of a good doc on permissions for administering exchange 2k?
i already read the "exchange store permissions" MS whitepaper but I'm
looking for Admin permisions like "do yo have to be a full admin on the
org to create a server in an admin group?" Or what permissions are
needed to create a recipient policy.

Currently, I have full exchange rights on my admin group and view only
admin on the org. Yet with these rights, I can't install a new exchange
server in my group or run a mailbox manager policy. In fact, odly
enough, I can create a recipient policy but can't delete it??!!  This
even applies when i put myself into the Exchange domain servers global
group.
I'm looking to make the case to have full admin rights on the org and
i'd like a list or article to point out what you can do as full admin on
an admin group vs. full admin on the org.
MS seems pretty vague on this stuff. and it seems to me that in exchange
its not like ntfs where you can have full control on a file but read
only on the parent folder and still do what you want to the file. In
fact exchange  doesn't seem to have much logic to itin terms of rights.
i'd like to make a case for full admin rights as something i'd need to
do my job and be able to back it up with some docs since just full admin
on a admin group doesn't seem to allow that much.
thanks