Without the pipe to dsget it does not choke.

At 19:05 12/10/2004, you wrote:
One thing that bothers me is that DSQUERY should have brought back all the
entries and you should have been able to use it as expected.  I'm trying to
figure out why DSQUERY chokes on the amount.

Can you verify that it's the amount that's causing it to choke? Can you run it without piping the results to dsget and see if you get the same results?

Al

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 12:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] DSget Contacts in AD

How about

Command | grep ">"

Or do you mean the dn: string prefixing the dn being returned?

If the latter, you can have it returned distinguishedname as one of the
attributes and then use the command above but you will still get the
attribute labels. If you just want DN strings, you can use the -dsq option
but you won't get attributes output at all then.