One lesson definately learned is NEVER to use your already in use domain again for Active Directory.  I guess next time management should have sent me to training instead of me having to come up with a solution on my own.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Edwin

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 14:58 +0100, Jorge de Almeida Pinto wrote:
and be sure to have recovery procedure im place (up-to-date and tested) for your AD forest if something goes wrong!
regards
jorge

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bernard, Aric
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 20:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Domain Name and DNS Problems

Edwin,

You could theoretically upgrade your Exchange server to E2K3 followed by an upgrade of the OS to W2K3.  At this point, even with the W2K Pro systems, you could perform a domain rename assuming your forest has a functional level of (2) Windows Server 2003 as a fix now exists for E2K3.  Keep in mind that the domain rename process is not for the faint of heart and you should dedicate an entire weekend to it for your relatively small environment…just in case.  Also be sure and read through the approx. 90 page white paper regarding the rename process.

Aside from that, you are doing what many other organizations do when a split-brain DNS is implemented.

Regards,

Aric