The policy you are looking for is the "Point and Print" policy.

 http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=319939

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cothern Jeff D.
Team EITC
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 9:50 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] XP pro sp2 and printers

Am testing implementation of  XP SP2 machines and as the user when you
go to the network and attempt to add a printer you get this error.

Policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting
to this print queue.

I cannot find a policy on the workstation either thru the local policy
or domain policies that would cause this to happen.  I am not sure if I
am missing a policy or if it could be somewhere else that I need to
look.  Any Suggestions.

Jeff

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm