that may be a matter of personal preference and of the way that your DNS is currently setup.

Granted - in the scenario I described, Stubs would have the benefit of being AD integrated and would thus replicate to any DC-DNS server, but if you have to combine two different DNS worlds with a non-contiguous namespace, conditional forwarding may be more straight forward.

Cheers,
Guido

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Deji Akomolafe
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 12:33 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org; Send - AD mailing list
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Forest trusts vs trusts within forests

No, Dean. You are all alone in your own little "stubby" world :o)

Actually, I use Stubs, especially in the scenario Guido described. I wouldn't introduce CF or secondaries in that situation.

Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE+M MCSA+M MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
www.readymaids.com - we know IT
www.akomolafe.com
Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday?  -anon