This is an interesting/humerous article that ran on the topic in June of 2004
about Time, Inc.'s disclaimer and it's validity.
http://slate.msn.com/id/2101561/

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of joe
Sent: Sat 1/22/2005 2:59 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Legal Question

Does anyone know if the disclaimer like the one below are actually legally
binding on anyone? And if the answer is yes, has it ever really been tested in
court? You don't have to agree to anything to read the email, you just look and
by the point you see the disclaimer, it is too late, you have picked up the
information in the note. The fact that you don't necessarily agree to it I
think would mean you could forward it as you wish unless you worked for the
company who stuck the disclaimer on the note in the first place. I think
telling me I have to delete it if it doesn't pertain to me is like telling me I
have to close my ears and forget anything I hear if a neighbor says something
within my range and then says it can't be disclosed.

  joe