From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Noah Eiger
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 08:00 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Hide Subfolders with NTFS Permissions

Hello all:

Management has requested a NTFS permissions structure that “hides” certain subfolders. Here’s what I want to do:

Folder  ->  NTFS Permission by Group

\Management (share)    -> Managers

    \ Legal -> (inherited)

    \ HR -> (inherited)

    \ Sales -> Managers and Sales

    \ Finance -> Managers and Bookkeepers

For people in the Managers group, \Management maps as M: and they see and have access to all subfolders.

For Sales folks, \Management maps as M: but they only see and have access to \management\sales

For Bookkeepers, \Management maps as M: but they only see and have access to \management\Finance

Is this possible? Or practical? Does this violate some “best practices”?

Thanks.

-- nme