From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kern, Tom
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:38 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT:exchange restore

here's the story- my recovery server does not have a scsi card and i have no
spare and this is a needed to be done "yesterday" kinda thing.
i have noway to restore the tape backup to the recovery server and i don't want
to try some forest trust restore between 2 domains in seperate forests senario.

i've racked my head and i can't think of anything going wrong in AD/Exchange
Org. the worse that I see happening is that the restore won't work.
i can't see this affecting email or AD.
can anyone?

since its the same admin group, the legacyExchangeDN should be correct and if I
use the proper logical names for storage groups/DB's, and have the same sp
level, this should work.
just long enough to run exmerge and then i'll uninstall exchange(exchange does
cleanup AD after itself after an uninstall, doesn't it?)

thanks