From: joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 11:18 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Legal Question

You aren't twins? Could have fooled me. The first time I saw you I walked up
and said "Hi Deji" and didn't have a clue and I knew Deji back when he could
barely spell NT (could thing they renamed it!!!).

Seriously though, thanks for all of the responses. There was no specific
reason I needed it. I was just curious because of all the work put into
stamping those things on the messages and it is so, seemingly to me,
obviously impossible to really do anything about it if the message is indeed
sent to someone who uses it badly. Personally, I do not feel bound one iota
by any disclaimer at the bottom of a message that I didn't get to until I
read the rest of the content. I wasn't asked if I agree to the terms. I
would think for this to be truly binding, you would have to agree to the
disclaimer prior to being able to see the content in any way shape or form
which implies some form of message encryption and an intelligent mechanism
for asserting the agreement.

To put it another way, if I am walking down the street and I walk through a
wide open door of a building and see all sorts of interesting things and as
I leave someone comes up to me and says, btw, everything you saw in there
you are bound to not disclose I would laugh my fool head off at them.

Anyway, it amazes me how much time and effort and wasted disk space is
dedicated to these things, especially if there is no real proof they will
actually help with anything. The one place I can see them kind of having any
kind of influence is by people within the same company who already have
agreements to not disclose corporate information and this is just a reminder
that you shouldn't be thinking this isn't something exempt from that
agreement.