The only "free" reporting tool I know of is the SQL Reporting tools.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=108C2B01-2CC9-4A84-
A669-EB22533FA5E2&displaylang=en

I wouldn't call that free however :)

Low cost?  I would say that promodag would be my reporting tool of choice if
given the opportunity.  Certainly one of the best out there and
(historically) reasonably priced.

http://www.promodag.com/

Outside of that, you would want to tie into your management solution if you
have one.  If not, it might be easier to roll your own solution.

Accounts?  I'd say Joe's Joeware tools would be useful there.
Active?  That's a tougher call because often you'll need to crawl the event
logs or the store ojects, else rely on the active directory account activity
to indicate whether or not the user is using Exchange (if the AD account is
active, assume the Exchange account is as well sort of thing).  Again, Joe's
tools would make that pretty easy to come up with if you allow the last bit.

Used how many times would require historical storage of data.  How much do
you want that information?  I mean really, how useful is that to you?  If
you really really want it, you'll have to hook into the monitoring solution
(optimal way to do it) to gather that information because that data will
exist in the store and the DC's (you could pull it from the store for
generalization, but for more detailed access information you'll have to pull
from the DC's and the Exchange server itself; that's more overhead as well).

Storage sizes?  I haven't looked to see if Joe's tools would pull that
information or not, but there are examples of scripts to walk the stores via
CDOEXM (ducks for cover) that can be used to gather and forward that
information to a db somewhere.  Microsoft has a script on their site as
well.

In the end, you might be able to stitch something together, or you may want
to look at the investment in terms of the other solutions above.

Hope that's helpful.

Al