Instead of grep you can also use find

Command |find /c ">member"

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charlie Kaiser
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 11:20 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Obtaining a count of members in a group

So you could use this as a simple batch file:

global "nameofgroup" domainname > c:\nameoffile.txt find /v /c ""
c:\nameoffile.txt

The ADFind tool works really well too, but I don't have grep installed on my
XP box...

Charlie Kaiser
MCSE, CCNA
Systems Engineer