From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 9:16 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] GPO for standardizing the background/wallpaper

Hi Joe..

If I remember correctly, you need to enable active desktop, and the active
desktop wallpaper...But, put a bogus path to bogus file in there.

I think it comes up with the default blue that way, but not sure if you can
specify a different color.

John

             "Pelle, Joe"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by:                  ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             ail.activedir.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [ActiveDir] GPO for standardizing
             02/07/2005 04:27          the background/wallpaper
             PM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                tivedir.org

Hello!

I would like to know if anyone knows how to standardize the
wallpaper/background via GPO on XP workstations?

I want to specify a background color with no wallpaper, no background, and
to not allow the user to change the color or any other settings.

It looks like I can accomplish most of this if I force a theme and hide or
disable some of the tabs. but I was hoping to not have to force a theme.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe Pelle
Senior Infrastructure Architect
Information Technology
Valassis / IT
19975 Victor Parkway Livonia, MI 48152
Tel 734.591.7324  Fax 734.632.6151
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.valassis.com/

This message may have included proprietary or protected information.  This
message and the information contained herein are not to be further
communicated without my express written consent.
.+-wmibb+?KE0+v*?.+-jq.+-j!ij)j!ribb4-

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx