Dissecting <surgical gloves on>

>>> Its Vancouver in March...
Yeah, so? Can't be much worse than MI in March.

>>> I am pretty tied up with ....
Lame, so lame I'm tempted to not comment :) I am sure most presenters are in
the same boat. I am personally in that boat. I am not even sure HOW I will
get to DEC yet, because I am not sure which city I will find myself in around
that time. So, can't book a flight yet because I don't know where I would be
flying in from. So, there.... try something else :p

>>> There is also the whole issue of who do I go as?
I would think that going in as Joe would be sufficient. I already told you
this before - you don't seem to know how much regards you command within the
community. WRT who foots the bill, I'd assume that Gil is ponying up the
money either way (either as Joeware or JoeHP), so that should really not be a
factor. More so, I am sure Gil will be footing your bill even if you show up
as Joe-the-cross-dresser. But, I will let Gil speak for himself on that point
:)

>>> I am not an ethereal guru
I did not know that Gil was looking for gurus. I certainly I'm not a guru in
anything, and I would take a back seat to you any day when talking about
Exchange security. But, I am going, and you are not. So, there again :) Why
am I going? Because I think I have seen and done some things on Exchange
security that the attendees "MAY" be interested in listening to. I am
definitely not bringing anything revolutionary or earth-shattering. I am only
hoping that I will say something that will get some of the attendees to go
back to their bases and rethink what they have or implement something (if
they haven't). My position on conferences and teaching and stuff like this is
that I don't go there hoping to meet wizards and have them implant knowledge
into my medula oblongata. I do not expect that most people go there for this
reason either. I think re-enforcement and pointers and things that get people
thinking carry much more weight than just looking to spoon-feed people
information. Are you expecting to transform the attendees into Ether-sniffing
K-9 in the span of 90 minutes? Wake up, Joe. So, I chalk this down to the
"Lame" category.

>>> Possibly Gil can take some informal poll at the event on who would like
to see a joeware presentation at a future event
Yeah, right. So that you could wiggle your way out of it again. You need no
poll, Joe. And I know that you know that I know that you knew that. Gil
already floated the idea, so I don't see the need to get Gallup involved at
this point.

>>> Interesting all the MVPs coming out of the wordwork saying they are going
now
They are probably signing up in large numbers, hoping their massive presence
will be enough reason to compell you to show up. Or they could be signing up
because they heard that Joe was there the last time around and they want to
be able to claim to have seen you in person. Look at it as a bribe, or
peer-presure or something. They could also just be going for the beer, who
knows?

<surgical gloves off>

>>> Anyone who has knowledge on some of the more evil ways of breaking into a
forest try to keep mum
I can certainly say, with absolute truth, Boy's Scout's honor, that I have no
clue what you are talking about. Yet, I am supposed to be a Security MVP :)
Ironic, uh? This is why I miss you, man. I remember you explaining 1B and 1C
records to me back in 99 and me looking at you like "WTF is he talking about?
what do this have to do with WINS?"

Sincerely,

Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE+M MCSA+M MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services