From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Manjeet
Sent: maandag 14 februari 2005 10:41
To: activedir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Authentication issue with Outlook 2003

The Outlook 2003 fails (running on a user's desktop) to authenticate with exchange 2003 (after restarting the Outlook  The user logon dialog comes up and despite putting correct credentials, it cannot connect to Exchange.

My Exchange is failing to do the Kerberos authentication with Outlook clients.Incidentally Outlook 2003 is the first OL client which uses Kerberos (if available). Also Exchange 2003 is the first Exchange which uses Kerberos for client authentication.  All other combinations (of OL and Exchg) always use NTLM.  My exchange has no problems authenticating over NTLM

Even Outlook 2003, when forced to use NTLM, succeeds to authenticate to exchange.On enabling extended Kerberos logging on the client machine, the exact error received is : (The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/aca-beta1-03.ca-beta-03.test.com. The target name used was exchangeRFR/PROD-BETA1-03.prod-beta-03.test.com. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine accounts in the target realm (CA-BETA-03.test.COM), and the client realm. Please contact your system administrator.).

can I some how force my outlook clients to use NTLM ?

Thanks for yours valuable response.

Manjeet

Do you Yahoo!?