917.455.0110 - cell

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rick Kingslan
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 4:00 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Display Computer Name on Desktop

Justin -

I'm going to try again because, IMHO, you're working WAY too hard at
this
one problem.

My current preference -

http://www.kewlit.com/whoami/index2b.html

Great for the Data Center boxes connected via KVM.

If you haven't looked at this tool - you have NO IDEA what you're
missing.
Simply elegant.  Not as much info (or, as I've seen it on some systems -
flipping information OVERLOAD) as Sysinternals 'bginfo', but if you just
want the simple basics and a NAME, here it is.

Don't knock this one until you try it.

-rtk

P.S.  Ulf - love the reg hack, BTW...