-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kern, Tom
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 2:30 PM
To: ActiveDir (E-mail)
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT:IIS 5.0

Hi, i'm running IIS 5.0 on win2k sp3 and i'm trying to get the change
password functionality working with no sucess.
I created the vir iisadmpwd dir with read and script permissions. i allow
anyomous access to this dir. i edited the metabase with adsutil.vbs to allow
password change on non-secire ports(just for testing right now).
In app mappings the .htr ext is mapped to ism.dll.
however, when i browse to the site from anywhere(including the webserver
itself), i get http 403 forbidden error.

I understand that with sp4, MS changed the functionality of this to use asp
instead of isapi for good security reasons and the app mapping changed to
asp.dll, but the webserver i have is on sp 3(and while i plan on installing
sp4 and going the asp path, i figured since i can't even get it to work
using ism.dll, i shouldn't throw more software at the problem till i get
this resolved).
I know this is OT, but could someone direct me as to what i'm screwqing up
here?
thanks.

p.s.- as i said, i am going to use asp for this and ssl and i realize the
security risks of running ism.dll as local system but i'm just trying to get
this to work in the defaults for testing before i go live with the other
features.

thanks again