Its logical separation vs. physical separation. Mainframes have had LPAR's
(logical partitions) for ever, which do the same basic thing.

Logically separating the platforms does protect from most of the issues
caused by putting a crapload of services on one box.

However, I'd never use a virtualizing solution like this on anything that
has intensive hardware level requirements like file, network or memory.

--------
Roger Seielstad
E-mail Geek & MS-MVP

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx