It works fine with that password.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 10:06 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Cc: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Startup Scripts?

Hi Devon

What happens when you run that command from the command prompt on your
local workstation.  My first thought is temp1234 does not meet password
complexity but I would need to know the results of the command from the
command prompt first.  I tried the command on my box and got the error
about complexity.  When I changed it to

      net user consulting Temp1234* /add

It worked fine.

Regards;

James R. Day
Active Directory Core Team
Office of the Chief Information Officer
National Park Service
(202) 354-1464 (direct)
(202) 371-1549 (fax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Jason B"              |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           .com>                  |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           tivedir.org            |
|         |           02/17/2005 03:27 PM MST|
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           ActiveDir              |

  |       To:       <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
                                                 |
  |       cc:       (bcc: James Day/Contractor/NPS)
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: [ActiveDir] Startup Scripts?

net localgroup Users /add "consulting temp1234"