From: joe
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 5:58 AM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Problem using Certificates to connect to AD machine

Slow down. This isn't the instant email AD support hotline. You sent the message when most of the people are offline that tend to respond to things. If you see it goes a couple of days without a response, then it is probably good to ping the list asking if anyone has seen it.

In the meanwhile, have you referred to the MS websites on certs? Read the white papers and related docs? You were unaware of the cert requirement for an LDAP update at all until I responded Saturday with a fairly well known KB article that you could have found through google.

Unless you are doing this from a non-windows machine, also consider alternative mechanisms for changing passwords that don't require the cert and ssl connection as well.

 joe