Sorry, ignore my last post completely - I read that as unlock user right,
not the unlock workstation.

I think Joe is correct - I believe only admins on the machine can unlock
computers.

Regards;

James R. Day
Active Directory Core Team
Office of the Chief Information Officer
National Park Service
(202) 354-1464 (direct)
(202) 371-1549 (fax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "joe"                  |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           tivedir.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           02/28/2005 09:42 AM EST|
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           ActiveDir              |

  |       To:       <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
                                                 |
  |       cc:       (bcc: James Day/Contractor/NPS)
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: [ActiveDir] Unlock Workstation User Right

If you mean unlock the console of a machine locked by a user, I think you
have to be an administrator on that machine. It doesn't take any domain
level permissions except being an authenticatable user unless the machine
someone wants to unlock is a DC, at which point they have to be an admin of
the DCs.

  joe