-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Grillenmeier, Guido
Sent: 07 March 2005 19:02
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] KCC and Inter-site replication objects

that reflects my findings from other DC replacements as well, which is why I
tend to move the connection objects to another DC (i.e. in a hub-site with
multiple DCs) during the replacement of the first DC.

The reason to do so is simply due to FRS and it's requirements to do a full
VV-join when the connection object changes to a new replication
partner: this can cause quite a bit of file replication traffic, which I
rather perform in a controlled manner if there are many connection objects to
a single box that is to be replaced.

/Guido