Associate External Account is needed if the AD account is disabled and the mailbox is associated with an external forest (or NT4 domain)... hence the name. Theoretically you could set the Associate External Account to SELF and add the NT4 mailboxes to the ACL as FULL and it should work with outlook for mailbox access though you could have some other issues with public folders I think.

Not sure at all on the OWA requirements, I think I would dig into the event log and IIS logs to see if you can find some clues. One thing I would also look at is can any forest C user connect through OWA to say a mailbox that they are configured as primary for (i.e. AEA perm granted to them).

  joe

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Manjeet
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:38 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Associate external Account Permission

Hi,

On one of my mailbox say "A",  I have given the Permission like this.

Associted + full mailbox rights to user B ( User B is a user of Seprate forest and have external one way trust with Forest A and forest B)

Full rights to user C  ( User C is a user of  third forest C and have the one way trust with A)

Now I am successfully able to access mailbox A with both User B and user C if I use the Outlook client.

And I use the OWA the only B is able to access mailbox. User C is not able to authenticate.

Now my Question is -

Is Associate external Account permission is only required for OWA clients ?

Is it possible that Both User B and User C can access the mailbox A using OWA ?

Thanks,
Manjeet