joe –

Great answer in a perfect world.  Great answer in the joe-run world.  I’d like to do the same, but it’s kind of funny that the guys I can’t really trust, the company still employs because I can’t get evidence that is going to get them fired to the degree in which HR is not going to spend the next 30 years in a court room over false termination.  If Rick Neuheisal can get $4.7 Million for being fired as a coach because he violated NCAA rules, I’m sure that the morons that I have to employ can make our life tough by being stupid on our network.

I can’t move them off to other functions.  Why?  If I can’t fire them, I can’t replace them.  Management (upper) is kind of funny that way in the world that I live in.  The best that I can hope to do is to remove rights to the point that if they piss themselves, it’s just their own mess – no one elses.

I suspect Mr. Lunsford is much more like me.  He’s in an environment where he has to employ people that aren’t as good as we’d like them to be.  Or, maybe even as trustworthy as we’d like.  So, that means that we:

  • protect ourselves as well as possible while we build the long trail of documentation to shit-can them
  • figure out a way to mitigate the damage as much as possible – hence the suggestions that I posted

Usually, the advice that “You can’t do that” isn’t realistic.

-rtk