From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael B. Smith
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 7:14 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] VERY OT -WAS Binding to ldap process..- NOW is De ji Rants

I'm an anti-spam solution provider as well (as well as a hosted Exchange provider).

I can tell you that I spend more time maintaining my anti-spam services (only two servers) than I do my Exchange farm. It's a high-touch, high-support business.

Nobody guarantees anything. It's a "best effort" business. (That's really what the contracts say...) I think that my "best effort" is probably better than a LOT of email admins out there. I suppose I could be fooling myself though. Having the spam reside on my servers in quarantine though - it definitely reduces bandwidth requirements on the part of my clients. For some of them, it's a significant difference.