Hi,
        I've been asked to do something quite unusual (for me though).

I want to make GPOs from the Computer administrative templates apply to
Users.
I don't know if it's possible to do such thing, but I tried it and here
is the result I got.

COMPUTER SETTINGS
------------------
    Applied Group Policy Objects
    -----------------------------
        dns
        Default Domain Policy

    The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out
        wallpaper
            Filtering:  Not Applied (Empty)
        Local Group Policy
            Filtering:  Not Applied (Empty)

USER SETTINGS
--------------
    Applied Group Policy Objects
    -----------------------------
        start menu and taskbar
        control panel
        network connections
        system_user
        MMC
        IE_user
        netmeeting_user
        desktop

    The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out
        system_machine
            Filtering:  Not Applied (Empty)
        msn Messenger
            Filtering:  Not Applied (Empty)
        Windows installer and update
            Filtering:  Not Applied (Empty)
        Local Group Policy
            Filtering:  Not Applied (Empty)
        ts_machine
            Filtering:  Not Applied (Empty)

As you can see, there are no settings applied because the system sees
that there is no "user policies" defined in the object and vice versa.

What is required is to apply the settings from the computer
administrative templates on a per user basis instead of computer.

Can you guys tell me if it's possible to do it? If yes how.

Thanks for your time

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx