There's an offline thread on this, we should be all set.

~Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 12:15 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Cc: Eric Fleischman
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Creating a backlink and forwardlink

Eric is from Microsoft. He was an AD CPR engineer (recently changed)
which
means he was actually debugging AD failures like looking at the actual
bits
and bytes flying about. There are quite a few things available that
aren't
fully documented or documented at all.

Just having a 2K3 DC as the schema master should be enough though I
haven't
tried this yet. If it was a requirement I expect Eric would have
mentioned
it.

I do trust Eric almost implicitely which I don't with a lot of people.

If you are seriously concerned, it is a guess, but you could spin up
AD/AM
and try it there. I would expect it will work there as well.