Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a problem but something seems not exactly right with
the size of my AD database.  AD has about 10,000 user id's and a few
servers.  The size of the AD database over the last few days has grown from
900 meg to 1.4 gig.  We haven't added any a lot more objects to cause this
type of growth.

We do have a script that runs every 5 minutes that adds, updates, removes
users that are used by a program that does LDAP look-ups. This is about the
only thing because it runs so often I can contribute to it but not sure.
There are no errors in the event log but the growth of 500 meg in a few days
concerns me.   I looked around and didn't find much pertaining to this
subject.  Any thoughts, suggestions on determining whitespace in the AD
database?

Steve Schofield

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx