Replied offline

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kern, Tom
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:18 PM
To: ActiveDir (E-mail)
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT:strange favor

Hi all. I've posted on this list alot and I know the fears about
disclosing potential security threatening info but I have a favor to
ask.
I'm at a DR site and I attempting to recover a child domain. I'm the
domain admin(but not enterprise admin of Forest) of said child domain
and the enterprise admin group have given me a copy of the root dc and a
temp enterprise admin account to aid in recovery.
here's my problem. the password for the account they gave me is wrong
and  there is no-one in the office to contact  now and i need to do a
restore(child domain,exchange2k,etc).
I have the DRSM account and password and obviously physical access to
the test root dc. Having this,is there anyway i can change the
enterprise admin password or create a new one in this test AD?
Again, I understand the relcutance in divluging certain info which may
be tantamount to a security leak or a how to for hackers but since i
have physical access to the machine, i think the topic is moot.
thank you for any help.