-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Douglas M. Long
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:55 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] LDAPS part 2

I am mainly thinking about communications with Exchange. Other than
that, I am not really sure what applications or other communications are
actually using LDAP. For instance, when someone logs onto a machine,
what is happening? I have thought that everything was taken care of by
Kerberos, but not totally sure that that is all that is happening. I
mean, isn't group membership and junk like that using LDAP?

Is this the case:

Authorization uses LDAP in plain text
Authentication uses Kerberos

If so, exactly what makes up the authorization component (username,
groups)?

proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.
List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx