Hi,

In an intraforest migration ADMT actually MOVES the user account by creating
a new account in the target domain (new SID, but SAME GUID as the
sourceaccount) with the SID of the source account in the sIDHistory of the
target account. This is a destructive operation as there is no (quick)
fallback. The only options for fallback are (only on W2K3) undeleting the
source user account (but first delete the target account!!!) and an
authoritative restore of the user acount in the source domain (but first
delete the target account!!!). The main reason for deleting the target
account, before restoring the source account, is that they have the same
GUID as the source account. In an AD forest (and independent of the AD
domain) NO 2 or more accounts can have the same GUID!!! When also doing
migrating clients (w2k and w2k3 and wxp) there will no need to do a profile
migration as the GUID does NOT change for each account.
Using ADMT, only in an interforest migration is a NON-destructive operation
as source accounts are NOT deleted by default

If I'm correct Aelita's Domain Migration Wizard creates a new target account
with a new GUID, puts the SID of the source account in the NEW target
account's sidhistory AND keeps the source account for fallback. One of the
caveats here is that you need to do a profile migration. It depends what's
more important in an intraforest migration -> fallback for source accounts
or easy profile migration. I think the first!

It is still not clear to me if you also have groups in the source domains
that also need to be migrated and if these groups also have the same names
in all the source domains. Don't forget to define closed sets of security
principals if you don't change groups scope otherwise change the group scope
to universal sec.. The target domain must at least be windows 2000 native to
accept sidhistory and universal security groups

For user accounts you must do a many-to-one migration of user accounts where
the sid history of each source account is added to the sidhistory attribute
of the target account.
With ADMT I think merging user accounts would only work in inter forest
scenarios and not in a intraforest scenario as GUID can not be consolidated
into one account like this which is possible with SIDs

>From the ADMT readme.doc (see section "Subsequent User Migrations Update
Group Membership of Target Accounts") group memberships will be migrated to
the target where as target group memberships that do not exist in the source
will be preserved. DON'T use the option "remove existing members" when
remigrating groups. I'm not sure though how this works in a intraforest
migration scenario.

The most sure thing for you is to create a VMware environment with at least
3 domains (root = target and both childs are source) (each with 1 DC) create
some users and groups in all domains. Install trial third party tool like
DMW and ADMT and configure accordingly. Create snapshot at this moment.
First try ADMT and then the third party tool. I think in this case a third
party tool like DMW would be the way to go. I don't know about NetIQ
migtooling but I know DMW preserves source accounts even in an intraforest
mig scenario.

Hope this rather long explanation helps you!

Cheers
Jorge