Cool, it worked for me.

Thanks a lot

Manjeet

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:23 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Cc: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Remove DNS forwader

Hi Manjeet

You are looking to remove conditional forwarders correct?  W2K3 DNS treats
conditional forwarders as zones in their own right.

dnscmd /zonedelete xyz.com will remove the conditional forwarder outright
(it will prompt - I believe if you use the /f it does not ask if you are
sure)

dnscmd /zoneadd xyz.com /forwarder 192.168.1.1   will set a conditional
forwarder for the zone xyz.com.

Regards;

James R. Day
Active Directory Core Team
Office of the Chief Information Officer
National Park Service
(202) 354-1464 (direct)
(202) 371-1549 (fax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Manjeet Singh"        |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           com>                   |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           tivedir.org            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           03/24/2005 05:56 AM PST|
|         |           Please respond to      |
|         |           ActiveDir              |
|---------+---------------------------------->

  |       To:       <ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org>
                                                 |
  |       cc:       (bcc: James Day/Contractor/NPS)
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: [ActiveDir] Remove DNS forwader

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply. But the dnscmd /resetforwarders only remove the IP
entries of default DNS domain (All other DNS domains) and I want to remove
another domain entries.

Suppose to make a trust with external domain, I have created a forwarder
from âabc.comâ to âxyz.comâ.

Now I want to remove the forwarder entry of xyz.com domain using command
line.

Thanks,
Manjeet