Mail servers are Windows 2000 with Exchange 2000 with all latest patches for
both.
DCs are Windows 2000 with all latest patches.

Obviously no QB DLs since on E2K.

Basically problem is that some people on the DL got a message the first time
something was sent but when the very important followup was sent in a known
time span (known that is to the users), they didn't get that. No change in
status of the users who didn't receive the second message. No NDRs. No
badmail. No log hits in the blocking software. No obvious errors anywhere.
Tracking logs confirm the known users didn't get sent the message. Now
trying to compare the several thousand users in the DL to who is in the
tracking logs as having received the message to  get an accurate picture of
who all didn't receive the message.

My main question is has anyone ever really took the time to verify that
Exchange is actually sending messages to everyone on a large DL accurately
and consistently? People tend to be pretty forgiving in terms of email
delivery unless they expect something. Something going to a DL is not
usually expected unless it is a followup to something else that someone is
watching for. If someone doesn't get something that is a following, what is
the method they will usually take to track it down? They won't, it is a pain
in the butt to call the help desk, for something so simple they will ask
their friend or ask the poster to resend that is if they even know something
was sent at all.

  joe

  _____