Title: Message

Joe,

Your initial posting stated that your root domain is empty. I assume that there are no applications or users in the domain beside the admin users, i.e. service administrators. I also assume that you’re using W2K or later to administer this domain. If this is the case, use DNS for name resolution only. WINS is not required.

Ivor

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ruston, Neil
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:01 AM
To: 'ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] WINS topic

WINS like DNS, is domain agnostic.

You may host a DNS zone abc.com (corresponding to AD domain abc.com) on a UNIX server, which exists in some Kerberos realm, perhaps. Similarly, WINS may be hosted on a Windows NT server which is not part of any Windows domain.

In answer to your question therefore, simply use your existing WINS servers.

neil