-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Roger Seielstad
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:48 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org; 'Jorge de Almeida Pinto'
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] DNS ?

If the AD servers are authoritative for the domain that the web server is in
(i.e. its www.domain.com and the AD server is authoritatve for domain.com),
then the answer is yes, you'll need it in your AD servers as well.

Simple rule of thumb - if a dns server is authoritative for a zone, it needs
to know EVERY record you want it to resolve in that zone. It won't forward
to another DNS server for records in a zone for which it is authoritative.

--------
Roger Seielstad
E-mail Geek