Thanks.
I took a look at the article and oddly enough, I don't have any of those
settings in the local group policy on my win2k3 enterprise member server.

Also, I take it there is no group policy to block  read access to the app and
system log on a win2k server?

Finally, does anyone know what the default acl is on the
system,app,dns,directory services,etc logs in win2000? what user groups can
read a remote event log in the local and remote domains?
thanks alot

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx