-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Aaron Seet
Sent: Friday, 18 March 2005 18:16
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Failing to VPN to child tree site as forest enterprise
admin

I have a rather perculiar setup:
First site: forest domain VC, with a win2000 DC acting as RRAS with PPTP
VPN.
Second site: child domain ASP, with a win2000 DC acting as RRAS, connecting
the two sites with a persistent route.

The persistent VPN tunnel works fine, and on the ASP DC, i can login as
VC\Aaron.seet and authenticate just fine being a domain admin and enterprise
admin. I can also VPN from home direct to the first site.

However, when it comes to the second site, when I try to authenticate with
the account i get hit by

"Error 930: The authentication server did not respond to authentication
requests in a timely fashion."

Further inspection of the event log in the DC/RRAS shows the same thing
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   RemoteAccess
Event Category: None
Event ID:       20073