-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Mayes
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 12:21 PM
To: activedir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] systemFlags

Suspend all sanity for a moment. I'm not wandering down the route of trusted
and untrusted administrators, that's just how I arrived at this point.
Simply I'm just curious about the possibility of modifying systemFlags. If
you try through ldp or adsiedit you get errors general around the point that
it's a system attribute and you can't modify it. Now again make sure that
your sanity switch is set to 0 for this as people are now going to start
asking the question why and careful because you'll screw your AD. Well I'm
wearing asbestos underpants at this point and I quite like the idea of
breaking things in development. So trudging on .... For the permissions I
can see that I have permissions to write the systemFlags attribute, but
nothing is letting me, which I agree is quite sensible as I could be any old
muppet. But what's getting in my way, the tools, the AD itself.....
something special which is hidden under the bonnet? And how do you then get
around that, as I can buy a tool off the shelf that'll do it.

I've not yet attempted to write code to fiddle, that'll be when I'm bored
over the next few days.