From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tyson Leslie
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:42 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Password complexity requirements

I think you might have misinterpreted the example.  It was a bit of a stretch,
but use your imagination... :)  The resource in the example is the server room.
 If the server room has more than one door, you would expect them to all abide
by the same rules.  Thus, regardless of which door you use to get in to that
resource, you still have to meet the same criteria.

You are talking about domain accounts.  It does not matter which machine you
are logging into, if you are using a domain account, the policy is the same.
Thus, if your super-secret researcher goes to a secretaries computer, he will
still log into his own domain, and be bound by the same rules.  A domain only
allows one set of password policies.  That is it.  If you want different
policies, create another domain.  It sucks, but as mentioned, get in line if
you want to complain...  You can set *workstation* password policies all over
the place, but they only apply to accounts created on the local workstation.

        Tyson.

Tyson Leslie
Senior Network Analyst
Colt Engineering Corporation