-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Daniel Kolvik
Sent: donderdag 14 april 2005 0:08
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] Recover AD from database files

Hi,

my server "software" crashed and I reinstalled Windows Server 2003 and
Exchange 2003.

(I still have the old drive intact, I can copy files from it to the new
drive.)

What I need to do is to "import" the old AD to the new server. Is it
possible to do that using the ad database files?

The new Windows is installed with the same drivename and folder as the old
one, if it helps.

I've also a backup, made with MS Backup... But when I want to do a restore
and choose System State I'm not able to just choose Active Directory in
detail view. I don't want the other stuff couse I think some shit in that
coused the crash.

I really hope someone can help me out, I've been on this server for a few
hours now.... :(

Best regards,
Daniel

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/ListFAQ.aspx