Hi Edwin,

I'm not very good in VB script but I can help you out with some procedures. Just not sure if you can write a script for this.
The complexity depends on which system you are trying Server 2000 or 2003. In 2003 it is quite simple put Microsoft group policy manager on both machines backup the policy and on a floppy etc and import it on the new server with the group policy manager.

Kat

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Edwin
Sent: Friday, 15 April 2005 10:36 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] OT Maybe: Import GPO without Domain

I am using VB.NET to create an application that will configure the server from beginning to end without manual SysAdmin intervention.  Basically, once a server is installed, it must be configured to our specifications.

I am aware of ADS and RIS and I am already using these options.  But in this particular case, it is not an option.

What I would like to do is import a GPO but without the use of a domain.  These machines need to be stand alone.  I can only import the “Security Settings” section of the GPO by using secedit.exe

How can I import/export the “Computer Configuration” and “User Configuration” sections?

Thanks,

Edwin

Confidentiality:

The contents contain privileged and/or confidential information intended for the named recipient of this email.

CVGT does not warrant that the contents of any electronically transmitted information will remain confidential.

If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, reproduction, disclosure or distribution of the information contained in the email is prohibited.

If you receive this email in error, please reply to us immediately and delete the document.

Viruses:

It is the recipient/client's duties to virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto any computer system.

No warranty is made that this material is free from computer virus or any other defect or error.

Any loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's responsibility.  CVGT’s entire liability will be limited to resupplying the material.

Please contact us at
www.cvgt.com.au for further information regarding this disclaimer.