From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stelley, Douglas
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:59 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: [ActiveDir] resetting default values

Within our domain {native 2003} perhaps a third of our users need to have there security reset toa default value.

Right now we open each user in ADUC, open security / Advanced / Check the "Inherent from parent..." and hit the default button. This allows our "helpdesk" folks (who are members of the Account Operators group ) access to unlock, reset pwords, etc...

Without doing this, these options are greyed out.

Unknown what caused it initially but I need to bring it back for many many users.

I've created many scripts and I know my way around much of AD/WMI/ADSI, but does anyone know of a way to automate this?

Doug

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this message may be legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.