From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 4/19/2005 9:25 PM
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Installing DNS in Child Domain

hey Dean - I see you're on a DNS trip today ;-))  10 posts on this
thread by Dean - must be a record...

aren't we forgetting that this is a test-environment?  I'd just blow
away the child's DNS subzone on in the root DC's DNS config and then
create a delegation for the child.test.com zone for the child DC.  Then
create the child.test.com DNS zone on the child DC, point the DC to use
itself as a DNS server and then re-register all records on this server
(restart netlogon).

Agreed that the process would be slightly differnet for a "live"
environemnt with many other DNS records data in it.

/Guido