-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Danny
Sent: Freitag, 22. April 2005 20:32
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: Re: [ActiveDir] Export and import essential AD objects for new
forest

Thank you all for your most helpful responses!  You guys are
fantastic.  Specifically: Jose Medeiros, Ken Jensen, and Ken
Cornentet.

Due to time constraints, I think I am going to go with the swing
method, so here is my proposed plan of attack:

Temp Server/ Server B:
1) Install Windows Server 2003 Standard
2) dcpromo as DC for existing domain
3) Make server as GC
4) Install Exchange Server 2003 Standard - use the same exact same
naming convention as production (Server A) server?
5) Migrate mailboxes from production server (Server A) to Server B --
would I simply use the move mailbox function in ESM?
6) Move FSMO Roles from Server A to Server B
7) Verify DNS and WINS Configuration

Production Server/Server A:
1) dcpromo original server down -- Ken Cornetet can you please
elaborate on this one?
2) Wipe OS clean from Server A, and clean install Windows Server 2003
-- is this safe to do now Ken?
3) dcpromo as DC for existing domain
4) Make server as GC
5) Install Exchange Server 2003 Standard - use the same exact same
naming convention as the original production server?
6) Migrate mailboxes from temp server (Server B) to Server A -- would
I simply use the move mailbox function in ESM again?
7) Move FSM Roles from Server B to Server A
8) Verify DNS and WINS Configuration
9) Install SP1 for Exchange
10) Install SP1 for Windows
11) Install AV Software and other misc. software
12) Decide what I want to do with Server B.
13) Now everything should work if Server B was powered down for
example -- correct?

Does this make sense?

Hopefully you can move Exchange mailboxes from Enterprise to Standard
through the ESM.

Thank you!

...D