-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ruston, Neil
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 6:15 AM
To: 'ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Windows Server 2003 DNS Vs. LUCENT QIP DNS

Those that spring to mind:
W2k3 offers scavenging - QIP does not [but then you could argue, it is
not needed by design]
W2k3 offers secure DDNS - QIP can, but requires Kerberos integration
[again, QIP may be designed such that this is moot]

QIP is a full IP management solution and not just a DNS product. Both
(QIP and
w2k3 DNS) have their pros and cons - it really depends upon your
requirements and whether you need/want a full IP management solution of
just a DNS product.

neil