Title: Cross WINS Pollination

Consider the methodology of a large organization, a step which is manual in nature could be overlooked by a single support person which is what is to be avoided.  But again, in the header of my mail, I did not want to go into all of the reasons but rather if it could be done.

-Jon

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Mulnick
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 2:41 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Cross WINS Pollination

Certainly good feedback, but how often are you removing and updating records?  This amounts to a filtered sync in my mind.  I understand why you want to do it now, but I'm not sure I agree with the approach to make it semi-automatic.  At least, I don't think I understand the amount of updates and number of possible records.  I'm asking if it's worth it to even automate it vs. just manually doing this due to infrequent changes (this is just for dc and servers).

And the conversation is academic.  I'm just trying to figure out where to file this type of usage later.

Al