DC: Server2
Friendly name: server2
Created: 10/7/2004
Changed: 5-4-2005 5:34 pm
DS Version 0<users> 37<machine>
Sysvol: 0<user> 37<machine>
Flags: 0
User extensions: not found
Machine extensions: .....
Functionality version: 2

All fo the functionality versions are 2.

Thanks,
Brenda

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Darren Mar-Elia
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:44 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] GPO not applied - thinks it is empty

Brenda-
This usually means that the client is looking at the GPO's version number and it is showing up as 0 for computer revisions (in other words, it doesn't think any computer policy has been set in that GPO). Run gpotool.exe (from Win2K reskit or part of XP and 2003) against your DCs and see if any of them show a revision number of 0 for the computer side of the GPO containing your script. This could still mean that you have some issues with sysvol replication. Essentially, there is a file called gpt.ini that is stored with the GPO in sysvol on each DC. This file contains a version number that lists how many changes were made to the computer and user sides of a GPO. That version should be the same as the version of that GPO held on the versionNumber attribute of the GPC object in AD. If there are discrepancies, then gpotool will tell you.

Darren