From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Douglas M. Long
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 2:05 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Solaris authentication

Getting more used to this Ethereal thing now. Found a cool little article that helped out a bit. Now I am trying to figure out why I can’t sniff the packets of another machine on the same subnet as me (I thought that was the point of promiscuous mode). I have it set to promiscuous mode, and it still sees nothing. I am just trying to get some ammo for persuade management that we really need to get a tool that uses ssh instead of telnet for one of our applications. Any ideas?