Next time, taking a dump of winlogon at 100% (actually a couple a few seconds apart) would be interesting. With that we can see what it is chewing on, and perhaps get root cause.

~Eric

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary Clark
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 3:48 AM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Winlogon 100% CPU and Fast user Switching as a Fix?

Gentlemen,

A random other problem gave me a clue looking into it further it turns out that offline files was the problem, reinitialising the offline cache has put the box back onto its feet. For anyone who needs to do this it can be done with  control and shift held down while clicking the "delete files" on the offlline files tab of Folder options, it requires a reboot, I have no idea of the cause of the corruption but this does seem to resolve the problem.

thanks anyhoo.

Gary