Big assumption. You’re assuming that printers elect to publish to AD. If they don’t, for any reason, you won’t find them.

So it depends upon the reason you’re looking.

> Doesnt AD store any info about network scanners , just like printers....????

AD doesn’t store info about printers so much as the printer people decided to publish stuff to AD. There’s a major difference. It is up to the printer people to publish to AD. The AD people are not going out and finding printers.

The scanner people did no such publishing, because they did not see value for their component. And they are right, for them, there really isn’t.

~Eric